Management Accountant | Darwin NT
|Job Title:||Management Accountant | Darwin NT|
Responsible for the coordination of reporting and analysis of cost drivers, forecasts and budgets for business units. Further responsibilities will include report design, analysis of key performance indicators, financial modelling, financial presentations and management reporting through the Senior Manager Business Finance.
• As part of a team develop budgets and forecasts for various business units within the Corporation ensuring that they meet the overall commercial requirements and monitor, analyse and report on financial performance and make recommendations for improvement.
• Monitor and advise on the financial aspects of the Capital Works and Repairs and Maintenance program.
• Provide financial advice to the various business units, ensuring that all policy and procedures meet accounting standards.
• Team input including the willingness to use your skills to help other team members in Finance and Business Services.
• For the relevant operating lines of business, supporting the delivery of monthly financial reporting, internal control adherence and balance sheet integrity, risk management, Statement of Corporate Intent (SCI) submissions and working capital management.
Excellent verbal and writing skills enabling effective communication with senior management across the Corporation, including both operational and financial areas.
• A self-starter who will be able to manage their workload and work pro actively.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and actively improve processes and procedures together with a demonstrated use of accounting software packages
and advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skill level.
• An ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
Experience in delivering an efficient and accurate month end process, including the processing of journals, review and analysis of accounts and liaison with key stakeholders.
• Proven skill in the preparation of complex budgets and analysis of financial reports.
• Experience in collaborating with other business units within a large organizational structure, whilst providing input, assistance and support to team
Tertiary qualifications in finance, business, management, or other relevant discipline with either Chartered Accountant or Certified Practicing Accountant qualification
- Experience in a large corporate environment in utilities, manufacturing, construction, asset management or mining.
- Familiarity with activity based costing for a number of business units or profit centers.
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.