We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to assist Group Procurement including Category Managers and Category Specialist in developing Category Strategies through internal and market analytics. This role is based in North Sydney, NSW.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Collate and analyse data to identify external market and supplier trends and issues
- Conduct internal analysis on spend levels and current supplier transactions creating Category Spend Maps.
- Develop and maintain a sound understanding of supplier economics and supply market options and opportunities.
- Support the development and preparation for group-wide reporting including procurement Balanced score card and benefits realisation.
- Lead market and supplier investigations, identifying synergies and opportunity by performing complex data analysis.
- Support key business stakeholders in the delivery of their business strategy and the achievement of their operational goals through the delivery of effective procurement analytics.
- Assist in the development and implement category strategies that are endorsed by the business and approved at the appropriate level.
- Deliver against the category strategy and benefits targets.
- Support bid teams and the acquisition of new business through the provision of effective and current outline agreements, rate cards and contracts.
- Assist in full tender / bid management where required, commercial and contractual aspects, overall programming and ensure programs deliver against business objectives within required period and budget is achieved
- Ensure effective compliance with all procedures and governance frameworks
- Ensure all procurement process outcomes are documented; oversee compliance with all procurement policies, processes and procedures and governance frameworks
- Investigate, then gather and report relevant data for agreed categories and sub-categories
- Provide analysis capability to the category teams in relation to all category management and sourcing activity.
- Convert data into information.
- Constantly look for opportunities to take cost out of the business through effective analytics.
- Actively contribute to the Group Procurement culture of continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modelling
- Cost modelling and risk analysis
- Benchmarking skills, market and competitor analysis
- Interpretive skills – converting data to information to identify and recommend opportunities
- Data mining
- Basic knowledge of Category Management, Contract Management and SRM.
- Sound communication, analytical and problem solving skills correlated with superior writing and presentation skills
- Relevant Commerce, Business qualifications
- Systems/Software Experience (If applicable)
- Advanced Power-Bi and Excel skills, proficient with SAP. Preferable if the person has experience using Ariba
- Finance/Accounting, Procurement or IT background. Ideally University qualification with related industry experience.
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.