The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Director and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Civil Construction business. With direct responsibility for all aspects of the business’s financial management, the CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all finance-related activities to safeguard the organisation's legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Lead collaborative financial planning processes for the business and ensure effective planning cycles within Finance and Business Operations are aligned to the strategic directions of the organisation
- Provide financial advice to the Director and Leadership team on all strategic and operational aspects of financial management for the organisation
- Improve the organisation's financial strength through effective cash flow management and appropriate investment strategies
- Prepare the monthly and annual budgets and variance reporting, forecasts and make recommendations for improved financial performance
- Ensure annual statutory financial statements are prepared and lodged with external bodies as required
- Ensure all taxation matters are managed in consultation with external auditor / taxation advisors
- Present at and actively participate in monthly Board Meetings
- Manage risk by implementing robust financial and corporate management systems
- Collaborate with the Executive and management teams in a fair and respectful manner
- Participate in formulating and implementing the strategic and operational directions of the organisation
- Manage and Process all areas of the finance function including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Banking and Purchasing
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory bodies.
- Display and encourage continuous learning and self-development to build capability and talent in an environment of empowerment, learning and support
- Qualified CA/CPA
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of organisational financial management
- Demonstrated project and system development and management ability
- A broad understanding of civil construction industry
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Strong customer service and work ethic.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and supervision, with a proven ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Current driver's licence
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY NOW below, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 0402044103.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.