We are currently seeking an experienced commercial to join our clients operations in the Western Downs Region. This role is a Monday to Friday position with camp accommodation for those out of region during working days.
As an experienced Commercial Manager, you will have direct oversight and input into the commercial aspects of projects in the Western Downs and Maranoa Regions.
- Provide advice and support in relation to contracts management to engineering and project staff
- Manage the contractual aspects of tendering, negotiating, awarding and managing all subcontracts and major purchase orders
- Review tender documents and identify contractual and commercial risks and opportunities
- Manage head and subcontract variation and extension of time claims, including strategy, negotiation and liaising with senior management and clients
- Assess subcontractor payment claims against cost-to-complete and process for payment in a timely manner
- Accurately forecast progress claims and project cost-to-complete
- Identify areas of variance from the Project estimate budget & develop recovery plans
- Understand contract requirements and prepare comprehensive subcontract scope of works, to minimise commercial risk
- Liaise with the Operations Manager regarding Contract Law or commercial issues, seeking approval for any deviation from standard company sub-contract document
- Extensive experience in the Civil Construction industry
- Knowledge and proven abilities in contract administration, construction contracts, claims and risk management
- Experience in the reporting, reviewing and analysing project financial performance
- Awareness of policy and application of corporate limits of authority and commercial system processes
- Ability to provide leadership and support to estimating and construction teams
- Tertiary qualification in and appropriate Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Engineering Finance, Accounting, Legal or Business discipline.
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.