CELOTTI Workforce is currently seeking a Crane Technician for 3-weeks work starting August 22nd at a Gas Plant in the NT.
Our ideal candidate:
- Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electronic inspections of all crane types – pedestal, gantry, davit, etc.
- Trade background
- Confined space and working at heights
- MSIC preferred but not essential
PRIMARY LOCATION: Your principal place of employment will be at a Darwin Gas Plant but may require local, intrastate, interstate or international travel to a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site, as reasonably directed by the Company.
To work as a crane technician performing installations, inspections, maintenance, repairs, modifications and testing/commissioning of cranes located on Client facilities or on Company facilities. Whilst conducting this work the technician will adhere to the procedures and guidelines put in place by the Company, the Client, the crane manufacturer & industry best practice.
The duties as outlined below but not limited to:
Crane Technician Duties:
- Perform risk-based condition inspections and complete the necessary reports documenting all findings
- Perform detailed inspections of prime movers, motors, pumps, hoses, valves, wire ropes, hook blocks, hoists and crane structures
- Complete routine and corrective maintenance on cranes
- Crane component strip down inspections and overhauls
- Crane component replacements
- Conduct fault finding investigations on crane subsystems
- Perform testing/commissioning of cranes and crane subsystems in accordance with Company procedures
- Maintain, test and calibrate rated load capacity indicators, data-loggers or overload protection devices
- Survey Client site, crane and relevant equipment for the execution of planned work scopes
- Assist the engineering team with preparation of procedures to successfully execute work scopes
- Work with engineers, other crane technicians, inspectors and Client technicians to successfully execute work scopes
- Ensure full awareness of and compliance with the requirement of all relevant HSE handbooks and Work pack procedures
- Ensures the operation of crane is in accordance with manufacturer’s, Client’s and Company’s procedures
- Submit detailed close out paperwork inclusive of, but not limited to; inspection checklists, worksheets, site service reports and work scope summaries
- Identify details of all parts required to rectify any noted faults
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.