We are seeking a HVAC Project Engineer who is responsible for estimating and delivering multiple projects in accordance with the Project Specifications and safety and environmental targets, within our Defence Base Services team in the Darwin locality. Working within the Estate Upkeep Facilities maintenance service line, you will be reporting to the Regional Asset Manager, delivering multiple short-term projects in a fast paced and challenging environment.
As a HVAC Project Engineer you will primarily be responsible for project delivery, reporting and quality management. You will be expected to collaborate with the wider Asset Technical team, site operational personnel including, colleagues and senior management across multiple localities to ensure integration of information is correctly managed across various delivery functions.
Key accountability of this position include:
- Liaise with the client and end user to extract user requirement specifications;
- Assist in developing technical scoping requirements IAW statutory and legislative requirements;
- Prepare and manage the tender process to secure pricing for client submission;
- Manage the communication and reporting of project lifecycle through the regular engagement of stakeholder meetings and formal reports in a highly professional manner;
- Control project cost and ensure targets are met on budget;
- Manage the transition of hand over take over with client representatives and site maintenance personnel.
As a result, we are seeking someone who will succeed in this role, who will possess the following:
- Formal Australian HVAC Engineering Qualifications;
- Australian Citizen;
- Project Management Experience.
You must be an Australian citizen and able to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) Security Clearance to Apply.
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and SAP
- Experience in Project Reporting Software
- Facility maintenance or Project delivery experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation, energy, initiative, commitment with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities.
- Results focused experience with the ability to identify and prioritise problems, issues and generate solutions.
- An understanding of HSE, Environmental and Quality systems.
If you enjoy a challenge and would like to be part of our dynamic, growing and exciting company, apply now.