We are searching for a qualified and experienced Payroll / Accounts Payable Officer to join our team in Parap (Darwin). Reporting to the Company Director, the role will predominantly cover the following:
- interpreting modern awards and building the rates and rules in our Payroll System whilst working to strict timelines;
- collecting and processing timesheets and managing weekly payroll for all casual and permanent employees (circa 200), including checking and verifying accuracy of recorded timesheet hours and managers' approvals;
- entering new employees and maintaining all employee records, ensuring all wage and salary changes are maintained immediately as they occur;
- administration, calculation and processing of monthly superannuation contributions and other payroll liability payments;
- liaising with internal and external parties to assist in payroll related matters, and attending to award interpretation and general payroll queries from employees and clients;
- lodging all TFN declarations/ATO reports;
- maintaining all workers compensation for staff;
- preparing and distributing end of year PAYG certificates to all staff;
- all accounts payable functions, reconciled on a weekly basis;
- payroll and accounts payable dashboard reporting;
- collaboration with company Accountants and Business Advisors;
- general administrative duties/office management will be required from time to time.
We’re looking for an all-rounder; someone who loves the numbers, is efficient and productive and enjoys a bit of hard work, a team player who pitches in as needed to get the job done, identifies and implements process improvements for the benefit of the team and the company.
You pride yourself on your attention to detail but can see the big picture, you don’t mind doing the menial tasks but thrive on a challenge.
- Appropriate accounting/Bookkeeping qualifications and 5+ years experience;
- Strong knowledge/experience with MYOB, Excel, Outlook and Word programmes;
- Experience with Astute Payroll would be beneficial;
- High volume payroll experience;
- An understanding/experience of fair work requirements and award interpretation;
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Employment Contracts, long service leave etc.
- Strong organisational skills, nothing gets past you!
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white-collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.