We are searching for a qualified and experienced Payroll / Human Resources Officer to join our team in Parap (Darwin). Reporting to the Company Director, the role will predominantly cover the following:
- Driving the set up and role out of our new payroll and on-boarding system:
- Interpreting various modern awards / enterprise agreements and building the rates and rule in our payroll system whilst working to strict timelines:
- Collecting and processing time sheets and managing weekly payroll for 200+ casual and permanent employees:
- Maintaining all employee records, ensuring all wage and salary changes are maintained immediately as they occur:
- Administration, calculation and processing of superannuation contributions, payroll tax, long service leave, workers compensation and any other payroll liability payments:
- Liaising with internal and external parties to advise on HR & payroll related matters:
- HR & payroll dashboard reporting:
- Collaboration with company Accountants and Business Advisers:
- General HR administrative duties/office management will be required from time to time.
We’re looking for an all-rounder; someone who loves the numbers, is efficient and productive and enjoys a bit of hard work, a team player who pitches in as needed to get the job done, identifies and implements process improvements for the benefit of the team and the company.
You pride yourself on your attention to detail but can see the big picture, you don’t mind doing the menial tasks but thrive on a challenge.
- Appropriate HR/payroll/accounting or bookkeeping qualifications and 5+ years work experience:
- Strong knowledge/experience with MYOB, Excel, Outlook and Word programmes:
- Experience with Astute Payroll would be beneficial but not essential:
- High volume payroll experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of Fair Work Act, Modern Awards and other relevant industrial instruments:
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation surrounding Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Employment Contracts, long service leave, workers compensation etc.:
- Strong organisational skills, nothing gets past you!
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white-collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.