Our client is currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Manager for a permanent role in Darwin, NT.You will manage the Work Health & Safety Management systems and activities and demonstrate active leadership and commitment to the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSES) performance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain the Darwin Port Work Health & Safety Management System & Port Safety Plan, providing support to Operations & Management teams
- Enhance the Work Health & Safety Management capability of Darwin Port management, supervisors and staff and monitor the Work Health & Safety Safety training program for effectiveness and update as required
- Maintain effective and efficient Work Health & Safety Safety information systems, records management and filing systems and evaluate reporting to identify key trends for action
- Maintain an understanding of Work Health & Safety regulatory requirements to develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures, programs and governance reporting systems to maintain compliance.
- Maintain the Inspection and Audit program, including preparation and facilitation of inspections, risk assessments and HSE system audits
- Lead or participate in incident investigations
- Represent Darwin Port in forums relating to HSE issues and develop and maintain effective collaborative networks
- Contribute positively to continuous improvement activities and initiatives at Darwin Port
- Other duties as directed by your manager from time to time
Skills and capabilities:
- Proactively promote a positive safety culture through active and visible leadership & coaching
- Use initiative and have ability to identify problems, gather information and apply knowledge and understanding of the business to address or escalate issues as appropriate
- Able to identify and meet the needs of stakeholders, manage competing priorities and resolve potential conflicts effectively using strategic thinking and business acumen
- High standard of written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate positively and effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders external to and within the organisation
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills, reliability and attention to detail to ensure work is undertaken with a high level of accuracy without supervision and proactively engage in self-directed learning
- Initiate and drive change within the organisation through aligning efforts and resources towards organisational goals, process improvement and removing barriers to change
- Ability to develop and implement risk mitigation strategies, building a strong appreciation of risk management practices throughout the organisation
- Able to display high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity in line with Darwin Port Values
- Current NT drivers’ licence
- Current MSIC or ability to obtain
- Diploma in Work Health & Safety or similar
- Postgraduate qualification in Work Health & Safety Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of NT WorkSafe Codes of Practice and relevant legislation
- Knowledge and experience relating to a Port and/or marine environment.
- Full time- 37.5 hours per week
- Commencement date – immediately, understand notice periods will apply
- Employed under the Darwin Port Operations 2018 EA
- Salary: between $110,000 to $120,000 p.a. guaranteed to increase by 2.25% per year until 2022
- Superannuation – 10.5% guaranteed to increase by 0.5% per year until 2022
- Annual leave – 5 weeks p.a.
- Personal leave – 15 days p.a.
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY NOW below, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 0410 880 702.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white-collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.