Seafarms Group are developing Project Sea Dragon, a large-scale, integrated, land-based prawn aquaculture project in northern Australia which will produce sustainable high-quality, year-round reliable volumes for export markets for Black Tiger prawns (Penaeus monodon).
Project Sea Dragon will involve construction at sites in Exmouth WA, Bynoe Harbour near Darwin, Gunn Point near Darwin, Legune Station (NE of Kununurra), NT and Kununurra, WA initially over a two year period with the potential to extend to ten years or more. Operations will be established prior to the completion of the first stage of construction.
A Darwin office is being established to be the principal office for Project Sea Dragon.
The main focus of the position is to manage and lead a small team to form and administer all contract and purchasing agreements across the project. Additionally the position will provide commercial support on a day to day basis to the Area Managers.
The role will require an active involvement in forming and administering contracts as well as team leadership and management.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain standard terms and conditions for all forms of commercial agreements
- Monitor and maintain compliance with the project Australian Industry Participation Plan (AIPP)
- Develop and maintain standard enquiry document format
- Recommendation and selection of appropriate terms and conditions for each contract or purchasing agreement
- Management of contractor payment verification and approval process
- Participate in tender evaluation and contractor commercial negotiations
- Establish and maintain contractor variation claim management system
- Lead commercial activities for build own operate style contracts
- Lead commercial activities for major design and construct packages
- Establish and maintain commercial filing and recording system
- Other duties as directed
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Demonstrated experience managing the commercial aspects of a large scale complex project.
- Demonstrated proficiency with complex commercial agreements (BOO, Design and Construct)
- Minimum 10 years commercial experience in support of active construction projects
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a project team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Based in Darwin
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 0410 880 702.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.