Our client is currently seeking a Purchasing Officer in Melbourne VIC. You will be responsible for developing and supporting initiatives to optimize supplier diversity, local jobs and content, and social procurement outcomes by optimizing the purchase of goods and services from social enterprises, Indigenous businesses and Small-Medium Enterprises SMEs across company contracts in Victoria.
You will work 38 hours/week and hours of work will fall within the span of Normal Business Hours (8AM - 6PM, Mon-Fri).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with company's Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Health, Safety and Environment management systems, including all statutory obligations
- Maintain safety and risk awareness when undertaking all duties
- Drive for zero harm and relentlessly pursue safety and environmental sustainability
- Act as a role model for a positive health, safety and environment culture
- Coordinate end to end procurement process for each contract with support from company's Procurement Team, in compliance with relevant policies, standards and procedures.
- Prepare tender, contract and evaluation methodology documentation with support from company's Procurement Team
- Coordinate issue of tender documents and liaise with tenderer as contact officer
- Manage security of all tender documents and evaluation documents.
- Coordinate tender evaluation process and support contract team during tender evaluation.
- Record and issue minutes of procurement meetings as required.
- Assist in preparation of supply contract documentation and execution of contracts.
- Participate in development of Social Procurement Compliance Plan and Local Industry Development Plan (LIDP) for each contract, ensuring LIDP commitments - Local Content (LC), Major Project Skills
- Guarantee (MPSG) and Indigenous Employment / Participation - are in line with contractual / company requirements, credible and accurately priced.
- Establish relationships with social procurement partners, working closely with each to provide a direct interface throughout the procurement process.
- Ensure effective administration of all procurement processes and compliance with company's procurement policies, procedures and governance frameworks.
- Monitor and review subcontractor / supplier conformance with LC, MPSG and IP/IE and prepare monthly progress reports.
- At least three years’ experience working in a procurement role in a construction / O&M environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the Local Jobs First Act 2003 (Vic) and associated Local Jobs First Policy requirements relating to Local Content, Victorian Industry Participation, Major Projects Skills Guarantee, Local Industry Development Plan and Social Procurement Compliance Plan
- Previous successful track record in developing and implementing Social Procurement initiatives
- Enterprise competencies
- Diploma level qualification or above in a business-related related discipline (desirable)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user • Proficient user of all other Microsoft Office applications
- Experienced user of SAP ERP / Procurement management applications (desirable)
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 1300 235 688.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.