Seafarms Group are developing Project Sea Dragon, a large-scale, integrated, land-based prawn aquaculture project in northern Australia which will produce sustainable high-quality, year-round reliable volumes for export markets for Black Tiger prawns (Penaeus monodon).
Project Sea Dragon will involve construction at sites in Exmouth WA, Bynoe Harbour near Darwin, Gunn Point near Darwin, Legune Station (NE of Kununurra), NT and Kununurra, WA initially over a two year period with the potential to extend to ten years or more. Operations will be established prior to the completion of the first stage of construction.
A Darwin office is being established to be the principal office for Project Sea Dragon.
The main focus of the position is to provide scheduling support across the full scope of the project. Additionally the position will provide scheduling support on a day to day basis to the Area Managers.
The role will also involve close liaison with Seafarms corporate office for project reporting purposes.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain project schedules at the total project level and work area levels
- Develop and maintain schedule reports for senior management
- Identify and promote opportunities to improve schedule performance
- Perform estimate to complete analysis for all project time elements taking into consideration contract progress, change orders and trends
- Review and analyse contractor progress for comparison to baseline schedule
- Participate in project meetings to provide project management with current schedule information and trend reports regarding potential impacts to baseline schedule
- Provide progress reporting information and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate project schedule status as required
- Analyse bid award schedules against current project schedule and prepare reconciliations to include in the current forecast completion date
- Ad Hoc special scheduling assignments
- Analyse change orders and trends for potential impact on the current forecast completion date
- Liaise with Seafarms corporate financial team to ensure reconciliation of cost reports
- Other duties as directed
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Demonstrated experience managing and reporting the schedule components of a large scale complex project
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Project, Primavera P6 and MS Excel
- Minimum 10 years scheduling experience in support of active construction projects
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a project team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Based in Darwin
If you believe you’re the right person for this role, please click APPLY, or contact CELOTTI WORKFORCE on 0410 880 702.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is a specialist provider of temporary and permanent blue and white collar staff to the building, infrastructure and resources sectors across Australia. We seek the highest calibre candidates for our assignments which span small to major engineering and construction projects and mainstream operations in our select sectors.
CELOTTI WORKFORCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe in strength through diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive, respectful and fair working environment; encouraging applications from women, Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islanders, and people of all backgrounds and beliefs to apply for our positions.